Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Too long already


I'm sure that I will feel this way many more times before the end, but seriously, this is taking too long!  After having my 1st Chemo I don't know what I expected, but I feel like, "bring it on already" just so we can get it over with. Not that I have some sort of sick passion for feeling nauseous and tired, but it feels like we've been dealing with chemo for about 6 years now, not 6 days. Two and one half months ago I was trying to figure out what to buy with my birthday money and now I feel like we have been living in Cancerland forever. I haven't even lost my hair yet for heaven's sake. Captain Impatient I guess. Story of my life really, always in a hurry to be doing something.

Though really, there is progress. One Chemo down. Several baby handfuls of hair less on my head :).  We are planning on shaving it on Saturday, that will be day 12 or so and my body hair will be in rapid flight by then. Some people can't believe that I'm going to shave it, believing that I could be in a group of magic people who don't lose theirs. Some people don't actually, but they aren't the people taking the particular Chemo drugs that I am. I will not live under the delusions of retaining my stellar locks and instead will say a big, "Kiss my scissors!" to cancer (you can insert other choice phrases too! :) and will not wait for the Chemo to take my hair entirely from me.  Come join us if you want. I can't drink unfortunately, so this will be an entirely alcohol-free, but not sober event.  I'm praying for sun so I can dance around a fire with my bald head shining.

No comments:

Post a Comment