Wednesday, November 5, 2014

DONE with Chemo!!

8We are hard-pressed on every side, yet not crushed; we are perplexed, but not in despair; 9 persecuted, but not forsaken; struck down, but not destroyed— 10 always carrying about in the body the dying of the Lord Jesus, that the life of Jesus also may be manifested in our body.
      2 Corinthians 4:8-10

This last week was pretty much totally awful and I am sort of glad that I didn't get a chance to post yesterday.  I feel like I am always posting when I am depressed, but the more joyful times I am spending on my family and not journalling.

Today was a mix of, the joyful: I finished my Chemo!!!; the hard pressed: I had a very hard week of physical side effects; and the struck down: I have had another cold for the past 2 weeks and am now having dried blood mixed in with my green phlegm. This past week I was back to extreme fatigue, the hard to even get out of bed kind, horrible head aches, worsening neuropathy, bone pain to the point of needing to take a narcotic, followed by puking all Monday morning.  It was so nice that today was my last Chemo.  I followed my very LAST Chemo with a trip to the hospital for a chest x-ray to rule out pneumonia or the spread of my cancer to my lungs. (Please pray for me that it is just a Chemo-worsened infection.)

I choose to carry around in my body, in my mind, the dying of my Lord Jesus Christ so that the life, the love, the joy of Jesus may also be manifest in my body and my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment