Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Another week of chemo

Another Chemo week gone by.  If I am able to continue with the Taxol I will only have 3 more weeks of Chemo left.  This week was a good week.  My neuropathy is still bothering me but is tolerable.  It has transitioned to bone aching and my hands are starting to get numb now, but we were worried that I would be in significant pain from this last round. I am rejoicing at the current state of my body. I hurt more this week, but I was less tired.  I can do another round in the ring with Taxol I think.

My mom and dad had to go down to California and look into getting my grandmother settled into hospice this last week.  Nana has been declining for a number of years with Alzheimer's, but has taken a significant turn for the worse. Most everyone has already said their goodbyes to her; only very, very rarely does she recognize people.  I had two friends come and visit this week as my mom was in California the days after Chemo.  It was nice to have someone to talk to, it really lifted my spirits.  Most people say, "Call me!" and don't really know how to be helpful and don't want to "bother" me.  But really, I am so tired most of the time that I don't have the energy to call someone or figure out what people can do.  I liked having friends come and spend the day, someone to talk to when I felt up for it, help with the kids, and encouragement that people care.  It was wonderful.

No comments:

Post a Comment