Thursday, November 13, 2014

Apt Scheduled

Well I did get to sleep after all! And in a blessed turn of events, at least for me, Kate woke up when Josh got up for work, around 5am, and came back to bed with me at 7am for a morning nap, so I let the older watch TV while I slept until almost 9am.

This is great on several levels: 1. I got to sleep in and 2. I wasn't checking the clock every 2 minutes waiting for the cancer center to open so that I could call. Instead, I woke up, started some coffee,  and ate breakfast in peace (this is a relative statement with four kiddos!) until I called my doctor's nurse at 9am and left a message. 

They called me back within a 1/2 hour to talk about my symptoms: hip pain of unknown origin for 1 year, not associated with my cycles and increasing in duration and frequency.  It's a funny thing when you are hoping the message the nurse is passing on to your doctor is met with an eye roll and a referral to your regular doctor.  On the one hand I'm glad I'm not totally crazy, he asked to see me in his next available, non-emergency appointment which will be next Thursday afternoon, but I also was hoping that he told me to take two aspirin and call him if it gets worse.

But, at least I got some sleep and am dealing with things in the light of a beautifully sunny day.  Today the two littlest keep picking my flowers with no stems and bringing them to me, but you know, I don't really mind.  Holy Thursday and waiting with Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment