Thursday, November 13, 2014

Another surgery

It has been a while since I have updated, sorry. I haven't been feeling well. Thankfully it was just a chest infection and a round of some strong antibiotics helped clear it up.

I had surgery yesterday to remove my temporary implant and the port-o-catheter from my chest. I didn't need the port anymore as I am done with Chemo, and radiation would fry the implant and the muscles and tissue that hold it in place. I am going to settle for being flatter than a man on that side :) and an external prosthetic.

I'm in a lot of pain but surgery went well. The surgeon was able to easily remove the port, and to repair my chest muscle, reattach it and remove some scar tissue that has built up. It will be a slow recovery, 6 weeks until I can lift on the left side.  I will start radiation in about 3 weeks, as soon as I can lift my left arm above my head.

I'm feeling pretty puny, so this will have to be just a short entry. It actually kinda hurts to type. Thanks for all the love and support.

No comments:

Post a Comment