Wednesday, November 5, 2014

1st Chemo


I had my first Chemo on Tuesday at OHSU.  Josh drove up with me, wonderful because we got to be together & because I was SO nauseous on the way home.
The infusion part went well and was easy, took about 4 hrs or so. They take blood and check all your vitamin & blood cell levels before they start things up.  Lots of IV pre-meds for nausea & then the Chemo.

I felt like it was really easy until the nausea came on the way home. Nothing like spending from 3pm until 11pm with mouth-watering want to barf but shouldn't feeling.

I'm writing today about 48 hours after the start of my Chemo. I still feel sick, I feel out-of-it, my lower GI tract is upset with me, I'm tired. Trying to pray and keep focused on the good that will come out of this. Remembering my kiddos & how much I love them to keep me focused on the positive.

No comments:

Post a Comment