Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Ongoing saga of side-effects & HALF WAY DONE!!


Welcome to my page for celebration & suffering!

Along with other general suckiness I have mucositis: ulcerations from my mouth all the way through my G.I. tract; basically canker sores on my tongue, in my mouth, down my throat, in my stomach and in my intestines from the Chemo.  Major suckiness.  I feel awful.  Mouth hurts, heartburn, stomach cramps, can't sleep.

On a related subject because the other is too depressing:
I AM HALF WAY DONE WITH CHEMO!!!!!! You have to celebrate that with me!  Come on, do a dance!!  Once my current list of side-effects dissipates I will get to trade them for a whole new set! I will never again have to experience this current list EVER AGAIN!! (this is because there is a life-time toxicity to Adriamycin, one of the drugs I get so I CAN'T have any more!)  From here on out my Chemo should be easier.  I am going off the current drugs entirely during my next infusion on July 19th and starting Taxol which will target a different part of the cancer cells.  Taxol takes longer to administer and I will be getting infusions weekly for 8 weeks, but most people don't get nauseous or mouth sores from it just body aches.  I am looking forward to maybe feeling better.

No comments:

Post a Comment