Thursday, November 13, 2014

Fatigue

It has been 7 months since I was diagnosed with breast cancer and treatment seems to be just dragging on.  Especially these last couple of days.  I am so tired. No really.  Exhausted.  I feel like I have been run over by a truck.

I have heard about this stage of the game where you think you should start feeling better, I mean chemo is over right?  But the effects of 3 surgeries and 4 1/2 months of chemo treatments has taken it's toll.  Most people don't call anymore and I haven't had a card in a long time but I am just starting the second stage of my treatment.  (okay, just having written that I am remembering the love I got from Josh's sisters and aunt at the end of my Chemo.  Thanks guys, you rock!!!  Most everyone else has disappeared.)  I am intensely fatigued, to the point of nausea and probably as weary of cancer as everyone around me.  Maybe that's why I don't hear from people anymore.  Maybe they don't want to hear that, yep, my life is still hard.  Yep. Still in treatment.  Yep.  Still tired and nauseous and my fingers still tingle from neuropathy (that's permanent now).  Yep.  Still freak out about minor lumps and bumps that could mark the return of "the beast".

Clearly I'm feeling cranky today.  I tried to nap this afternoon, but like Friday when my sister came over so that I could rest, I couldn't sleep.  I hate this cancer fatigue plus insomnia CRAP.  I want my old life back, my old body.  And everyone out there who thinks that I would be feeling just fine now if I had skipped chemo and just drunk vegetable smoothies can just...

Alright.  Pity party over.
Okay.  Still feeling snarky.
I don't want to go to the cancer center tomorrow.  I don't want to hear my kids cry when I leave, which they have been doing lately.  Tomorrow starts the everyday-at-the-center regime.  And I am so TIRED, but radiation hasn't even started yet and that's supposed to be exhausting and how am I supposed to make it?  How is my family supposed to cope?

Jesus, we really need you now.

No comments:

Post a Comment